SPRING IS B[L]ACK // OOTD

Here's my first warm-weather OOTD of 2017! When Spring arrives, most people envision bright or pastel colours but my colour palette...


Here's my first warm-weather OOTD of 2017! When Spring arrives, most people envision bright or pastel colours but my colour palette doesn't really change. This is what I like to call a true Laura outfit: an all black ensemble with a mixture of both feminine and masculine pieces. Whenever I don't know what to wear, I always find myself reaching for something flattering and girly but throwing in some more grungy, boyfriend-fit elements such as an oversized flannel, bomber or chunky combat boots.

In this case, I wore a tight bandeau top and bodycon skirt to keep my shape underneath this oversized mesh t-shirt (I had to go up a few sizes). On a Summer's night out, I'd probably leave it there and pair it with black heeled booties, but to keep it a bit more casual, I threw on my boyfriend varsity jacket and thigh high boots to keep me warm, since it isn't quite Summertime yet.


My favourite thing about wearing all black is creating a monochromatic look that's layered with a mixture of textures. In this outfit, I've included three different textures: the on-trend mesh, layered underneath a faux-suede/faux-leather jacket and the suede boots. The variety of textures adds dimension to keep the outfit from being too boring, which can happen if you're wearing all of the same colour and materials. I'd even be willing to make this outfit more bold by accessorizing with a coloured jacket or shoes, which would look equally as badass. It's all about wearing what makes you feel best!

Speaking of adding colour, I did so subtly by putting on my favourite reflective sunglasses that I've mentioned in a past OOTD. I think the pop of colour here really tops everything off by incorporating a change in contrast. Reflective lenses will always provide an edgy, effortless touch, which is why I find myself wearing them so often.


Mesh T-Shirt - New Look (similar) // Bustier - Aritzia // Talula Skirt - Aritzia // Odessa Boots - Steve Madden //
Varsity Jacket - Pull & Bear // Sunglasses - Quay // Sand Tropez Nail Polish - Essie


And of course, like always, a big shout out to my partner in crime (legit broke some laws this day..) and photographer Tiff! Check out her blog here.


The fact that I was able to wear no pants outside is a huge deal - it means Summer is officially on it's way. Clearly my blog is all over the place because I just posted a Winter Haul and now the temperature is just starting to hit the double digits. What are you looking forward to most this upcoming Summer? Let me know in the comments below.

Love, Lo xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Pretty outfit! I love the mesh t-shirt-dress and the way you styled it with the bandeau top and bodycon skirt - and the photos with Tiff.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images