KEEPIN IT COOL // OOTD

It's that time of year, when being outside for too long makes you lose feeling in your hands, feet and face... but it's also time f...

It's that time of year, when being outside for too long makes you lose feeling in your hands, feet and face... but it's also time for Winterlude!! Tiff, my parents and I went on a true Canadian adventure, ready to bear the cold and the very unfortunate traffic but in the end, it was all worth it. Quite honestly, I just really wanted a beavertail and as any true Canadian knows, beavertails taste 100% better when eaten while participating in some sort of Winter activity.


Since this post relates to the Canadian Winter season, I figured I might as well keep it real with you and share an outfit that I'd actually wear to keep warm when spending time outside. Typically, I don't like wearing my Sorel's because they aren't "trendy" but sometimes it's not worth sacrificing my nice shoes (or the feeling of my toes). Bundling up doesn't have to mean having to compromise your style - it's possible to look good and stay warm! 

I decided to keep it cool-toned in this wintery OOTD by mixing shades of blue and gray. Whenever I try to convince myself to wear something that's not black or white, navy is my next go-to colour and I love the way it pairs with gray, especially during the "cooler" seasons... haha get it? Ok I'll stop.


This is one of my favourite winter coats that I've ever owned. It may not be the warmest one I have but because I already had decently thick layers on, I wasn't reluctant to opt for a little bit a of lighter coat. And as I previously mentioned, I absolutely love how navy and gray compliment one another, so this seemed like the perfect choice to go with the sweater I was wearing.


In addition to a good coat, a vital step for surviving Canadian winters is wearing the chunkiest knit sweater you can find. For me, that is definitely this gray turtleneck from Zara. I went up a size when I bought this, which was a good decision because I can layer smaller sweaters underneath for extra insolation and the high neck provides protection for your neck and chest. It's also long enough to give some additional coverage for the booty, perfect for when you have a shorter coat like mine. Everyone needs at least one oversized turtleneck in their wardrobe - I just so happen to have 20.... *insert not guilty face here*.


Adding on to our blue-hue theme, I accessorized with my new blanket scarf from Aritzia. I've been eyeing the Wilfred Mosaic Scarf for a really long time now, but paying 100 dollars for a scarf that every girl and their mother already owns was just not worth it for me. Luckily, this colour was on sale recently and I decided that if I wanted one, there was no better time to get one than when it's at half price! I don't even have to say anything about the colour palette of this scarf because I think you can guess why I loved it so much.


Obviously, it isn't a Winter look without a thick knit toque and warm mittens. I could've worn a gray beanie to stay true to my colour scheme, but I liked the idea of topping off the look with this white one to brighten up an otherwise dark outfit and also to tie in the beige faux fur on the hood of my coat. Whenever I know I'll be outside for longer periods of time, this is the hat I reach for because it is sooooo comfortable and warm. I never would have thought a 5$ toque from Garage would become a holy grail item in my closet, but it just goes to show that you don't always have to spend a lot of money to get worthwhile products!


Remember those reflective Quay sunglasses I raved about in my last OOTD post? I loved them so much that when I found these ones on sale, I had to get them too. Don't roll your eyes at me - they're different, ok? These ones reflect a bright blue and have a cat-eye shape as opposed to the pink lenses and aviator style of my first pair. I love the combination of the shiny blue lenses and the black matte frames. If you don't have any Quay sunglasses already, you need to check them out!


It's not a true Winter if you don't have chunky boots on your feet. Mine are the classic Sorel boots, which I always make sure to wear with these Roots socks. If there's anything I learned from being a Canadian, it's that this combo is a necessity. I've climbed through massive hills of snow and never felt like my feet or toes were wet or frozen. Lastly, I doubled up on the leggings and threw on my much-loved Marc by Marc Jacobs cross body bag because although it's small in size, it still perfectly fits all my necessary belongings.

Sweater - Zara // Coat - Topshop // Blanket Scarf - Aritzia // Toque - Garage // Mittens - Aritzia //
Boots - Sorel // Socks - Roots // Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs

A big shoutout to my best friend and photographer of the day! You can check out her blog here. I think now is an appropriate time to say that today is actually our 9 year friend-iversary and I love this girl more than life!! I honestly don't know what I would do without her and friends like her are definitely hard to find - you know the kind that don't judge you when you're doing something crazy, but instead jump in and be equally as crazy with you? But also someone who you can vent about absolutely anything with and someone you can trust without having to doubt it for a second. She's easily the best thing that's ever happened to me. 

Ok, enough with the cheesy stuff, keep scrolling if you want to enjoy some more pictures from our fun adventures at Winterlude!


I think this last picture is a pretty good representation of who I am. Are you thinking "crazy"? Because if so, I definitely agree!

I also took some video footage of our day at Winterlude and I will most likely have it featured in an upcoming Winter vlog. Although this winter season has been one of the best, we just received approximately 40 centimetres of snow over the past four days and I've think I've had just about enough with this season. Summer, I'm ready whenever you are!

Love, Lo xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images