DRIVE // LO SHUFFLES

If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that I decided to take a little break from shuffling a few months ago. I had gotten to a poin...

If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that I decided to take a little break from shuffling a few months ago. I had gotten to a point where I no longer danced for myself but only in attempt to impress or would constantly compare myself to others. I neglected the importance of self expression through dance and the beauty of connecting with the music, and instead I became too preoccupied with admiring other people’s style and talents. It became more of a chore to practice and I would critique myself too harshly as opposed to just having fun.

I eventually started shuffling again but only for some light cardio and to maintain some of that stamina, then slowly and surely let myself fall back in love with the feeling. The cherry on top was getting recruited into Toronto’s shuffle crew Zionify by some of my closest friends! Knowing that they believed in me really helped me gain a little bit of confidence back, and got me back on my feet to record some new content.

Enter: the comeback video. This was also my first ever video recorded out in public where I was completely alone. I had a lot of fun editing it and watching the clips, and really allowing myself to appreciate the progress I’ve made within the past year. Hope you enjoy it as well!

Track: Drive (Solardo Remix) - Black Coffee, David Guetta, Delilah Montagu


Support the artists:

Solardo: Spotify // Soundcloud // Instagram // Youtube 
Black Coffee: Spotify // Instagram // Soundcloud
David Guetta: Website // Spotify // Soundcloud // Youtube
Delilah Montagu: Spotify // Website // Youtube 

Love, Lo xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images