SUMMER UNIFORM // OOTD

Alright, well I definitely didn't get as many Summer OOTD's as I had anticipated... To be honest, as much as I love rompers and sum...

Alright, well I definitely didn't get as many Summer OOTD's as I had anticipated... To be honest, as much as I love rompers and summer dresses, I find styling Fall/Winter clothing more within my comfort zone. That's why I was excited to pull out a light sweater and be able to style it since it wasn't too hot on this particular day. Wearing a sweater with shorts or skirts has always been my favourite pairing, because I enjoy feeling cozy in a sweater but at the same time, I hate wearing pants. Anything that allows me to #freethelegs is my type of clothing aka I need to move somewhere with warmer temperature, ASAP.


For me, the highlight of this outfit is this striped skort. I'm sad to say that I bought it a few years ago, so it is no longer available. Appropriately enough, since it's currently that back-to-school time of year, this skort is definitely giving off some school-girl vibes. The asymmetrical cut, however, adds an edgy element that prevents it from looking too much like a school-girl uniform. I wore this outfit out to run errands with Tiff, then changed the shoes and top to transition the skort into a night out look, which exemplifies how versatile it is! It's always a plus when an item can be dressed either up or down. 


How wicked is this sweater? Zara was having their end-of-the-season sale and I found this sitting alone in a neglected corner. Not going to lie, the rings on the sleeves annoyingly get caught on things from time to time, but not enough to falter the love that I have for it. I love an item that is simplistic enough for everyday wear but also bold enough that it adds a statement to an outfit, and that's exactly what this sweater does! Oh, and the fact that the rings make "music" when I wave my arms around like a maniac? Yup. My kind of sweater for sure.


Sweater - Zara // Skort - Lush (unavailable) // Sneakers - Keds // Crossbody - Kendall & Kylie

I went off about how much I love these sneakers in my most recent Favourites post, so no surprise here that I'm sporting them on my feet for this look. Especially for running errands, which means lots of walking, these were a no-brainer. 

If you are going back to school this year, I hope you have a great year and remember to not let the stress get to you. Besides, back-to-school is a great opportunity to buy new outfits, right? Fun fact: I used to procrastinate/skip class by going to the mall and spending money (that I didn't have) on clothes. Clearly, my reliance on retail therapy is a serious problem...

Photos by Tiff




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That striped asymmetrical skort, fancy metallic rings sweater from Zara, and white sneakers comprise a lovely and stylish outfit!
    P.S.: You have a very pretty smile! :)

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images