GRADUATION 2015 // OOTD

So this is a pretty big deal, right? After four very long years, I finally finished my undergraduate degree! It's a bittersweet thi...

So this is a pretty big deal, right?

After four very long years, I finally finished my undergraduate degree! It's a bittersweet thing - knowing that all the stressful nights are over but also no longer spending so much time with all the wonderful people I've met.


For those who don't care to read about my University experience - I'll get right to the point of this post: my graduation outfit! And if you do care enough to hear my thoughts about school as well as some more pictures from the day of my grad, I'll have them below.

I can't be the only one who thinks that every big occasion needs a brand new dress, even if I already own a closet full. I looked through at least hundreds of dresses, both at the mall and online, but this floral dress from Windsor was everything I was hoping to find. This was my first time ordering from Windsor and I was more than pleased by the fit and quality of the dress. I picked up the heels from a local Nine West outlet, which were on sale for $60 CAD! I couldn't find them online but there were quite a few available in store (and in other colours as well!).

Windsor - Ivory Nice to Know You Floral Dress // Nine West - Brennano Strappy Heels

I always thought High School would be the most life changing experience because after all, isn't that when you're supposed to find your true friends, your high school sweetheart, your individuality and all these other ridiculous expectations? That was my mentality, at least. But boy, was I wrong.

High School was definitely life changing to say the least -  but not necessarily in the way I had anticipated. Coming out of those 4 years, I was still as lost and hopeless as I was going in, so you can imagine how terrified I was about the next four years at University. I mean, I don't want to dive in to too much detail about my personal life, but let's just say the first two years of University were extremely rough. And it stayed rough all the way up until two months ago. But eventually, even though it took time, things got better.


I remember the night I thought I was going to fail the most important class of my life and didn't stop crying until I eventually fell asleep. I remember how much it hurt to learn that my "high school sweetheart" never even cared about me. I remember the time I doubted that I was in the right program and I had wasted all my time and money.  I remember the time I couldn't get anything right no matter how hard I tried. I remember the fights, the crying, the stress and the pressure. But isn't that a beautiful thing? To have gone through all the pain and all the drama, but to still stand here and say it was all worth it? The amount of times I felt worthless and helpless - those moments were worth it. The times I felt useless and alone, they were worth it. All the struggles I went through became some of the most life changing experiences I had ever faced. I am so thankful for my struggles because I've never been happier than I am right now. I've never been so ready and excited to take on the next chapter in my life.


I lost friends, had my heart broken, received some of the worst marks I've ever had in my academic career, bombed my first real job interview, gotten into fights and cried myself to sleep more times that I can count on any of my fingers. But then I gained new friends of whom I could never picture my life without, met someone who put value back into my life and taught me how to love again, received some of the best marks I've ever had in my academic career, aced the next two job interviews and was hired by both, and I've learnt how to wake up with a positive mindset - even after a rough night.



It was a fucking roller-coaster of emotions, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I truly do believe that everything has to get worse before it can get better. The one thing I truly learnt from these past four years is that happiness isn't something you expect to happen - it's something you create for yourself. There are days when things will be rough and it's okay to be sad, but the important lesson is how you regain your positivity and move forward. Don't be afraid of your struggles, value them, because one day it'll all be worth it. I promise.


I want to end this post by thanking all the people who have helped shape my life into what it is today. From my parents who have literally devoted their entire lives to giving me everything I've ever needed to my many best friends who have supported me and been there for me every step of the way, I couldn't have done this without any of you. To my classmates who have become a second family to me, I will miss your faces, all of our laughs and good times spent together and I literally would not have survived these four years if it weren't for you all. And lastly, to the most amazing boyfriend who sat by my side when I was studying alone, brought me food during my late nights at school, who continuously encouraged me to try harder and hugged me close when I was stressed, I love you with all of my heart. I couldn't have been more blessed to have found you because you make me a better person and have brought nothing but happiness back into my life.

I am so excited to start something new, to face more challenges and take on whatever life throws my way. But first - A WHOLE SUMMER OF CELEBRATING! Love you guys so much, 

Lo xx


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm so proud of you, not just for graduating university but also for becoming into the person you are today - beautiful both inside and out! And I never thanked you for the support you gave me when I was on the edge of giving up... I honestly wouldn't have graduated with the rest of my class if it weren't for you so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And vice versa babe - we got each other and that's the best part <3 I love you!

      Delete

Flickr Images